“The Hills are alive with art, light, and music!
Join us on September 22, 2017 from 7:30-9:30 pm in the Westhills community for the third annual Light Up the Hills festival. Light Up the Hills is a family-friendly outdoor festival of light presented by the West Shore Arts Council and Westhills. Held after dark, featured illuminated artworks will create a spectacular glowing effect throughout the community. Event participants will walk along a designated path, passing by various performances and artworks, and using hand-made lanterns to guide their way. This community-focused event aims to showcase the creativity of local artists, musicians, and performers.”
Free and open to the public!
FEATURED ARTWORKS AND PERFORMERS
- The Phoenix Rainbow by James Insell
- Luminous Grove by Joshua Schmidt (Luminous Forest Project)
- Aurora by Limbic Media
- Love Begets Love by Gabrielle Odowichuk and Marie Specht
- Illuminus 2.0 by Cam Bremner and Chris Lamb
- Aerial circus artists Kaelyn Schmitt and Sarah Scheunhage
- Kaleidoscope Theatre for Young People
- The Quicksbottom Morris dancers.
- Maple Leaf School of Russian Ballet.
- Victoria Conservatory of Music
- June and July, featuring Ben Darwin
- Allison Marshall, harpist
Parking will be available at Belmont Secondary School and at the Westhills YMCA. For those with small children or mobility issues, a trolley service will be circulating from Belmont, to the YMCA, and past Westhills Park.