CRD Environmental Protection and Water Conservation, in partnership with Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary, offer residents in the Capital Region connected to the Sooke Lake Reservoir water supply, this free three hour introductory workshop on gardening with drought-resistant native plants:
- Native plant identification and their cultural history
- Review the benefits of native plants
- Teach how and where to grow native plants
- Offer tips for reducing or eliminating lawns
- Inform how to create natural habitats, such as meadows, thickets, woodlands
- Discuss how to attract wildlife and beneficial insects and birds to the garden
- Includes a tour of the native plant gardens
- Overview of CRD Water Conservation programs
Each workshop is limited to 20 participants and pre-registration is required.
Please call Swan Lake at 250.479.0211 to register or stop by in person at the Swan Lake Nature House to reserve your spot.
Drop-ins can not be accommodated.
All native plant photos by Terry Morrison –> Check out the Native Plant Gallery