The Colwood Seaside Festival is a truly home-grown community event you don’t want to miss!
On September 15, the festival offers everyone free admission to the breathtaking Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse and a chance to step back in time. It’s a fun-filled family event packed with activities in every corner of this breathtaking heritage site by the ocean.
• Imagine riding in a horse-drawn carriage along the ocean by a lighthouse.
• Join an historic tour with renowned historian and storyteller, John Adams. Hear his tales about eccentric West Shore characters, heroic deeds, intrigue, love, humour… and ghosts!
• Learn how heritage artisans spin wool and take tin-type photographs.
• Meet folks in vintage costumes. Dress up for a photo at the ‘Vintage Selfie Station’ set against the backdrop of Fisgard Lighthouse.
• Enjoy live musical performances by great local bands. ‘Cookeilidh’ mixes the tunes of Ireland and Scotland with a Maritime flavour to make you feel like you are at a modern-day kitchen party with friends. The ‘Big Weee’ mixes original tunes and bluegrass covers that will have you dancing for sure.
• Eat at our favourite local food trucks offering a delicious variety of food and drinks.
• Up to forty artists will paint ‘en plein air’ for the ‘Paint-In at the Fort’. Vote for your favourite painting