By Brad Lidstone
Westshore Basketball, a not-for-profit organization, is staying busy this spring with exciting, new programs and continuing favourites:
- Westshore Basketball is an organizing supporter of the Sooke School District Elementary Schools’ Basketball Jamboree at Belmont High School on March 6, 7, 8 from 3-5:30 pm. This 3-day event brings boys and girls teams to the largest high school gym in the province and lets former Westshore Basketball players give back by score keeping and refereeing.
- The 5th Annual Westshore Basketball Spring Break Camp will be happening this year at Belmont High School from March 26-29 with full and half-day options.
- The new 3×3 Spring League at Belmont High School starts in April on every Sunday. 3×3 basketball is now an Olympic sport and gaining huge popularity as it’s promoted by Canada Basketball. 3×3 gives more opportunity to learn skills at young ages and compete with and against peers. 3×3 is great to develop players of all ages.
- Westshore Rain is a fun, skill and games-based program for kids aged 5-8. Programs are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at John Stubbs School and the Spring Program starts in April.
- After a busy summer of camps and partnerships with other local basketball organizations, Westshore Basketball will register players for Night League beginning August 15. Westshore Basketball Community business support and partnerships have allowed Westshore Basketball to register hundreds of kids each year and return benefits to the community.
Check out all that Westshore Basketball has to offer for boys and girls aged 5-17. For information and registration visit www.westshorebasketball.com.