Colwood’s 4th Annual ‘Eats & Beats at the Beach’ happens Saturday, July 7, 2018. Join a few thousand friends on our breathtaking oceanfront beach with live bands, favourite local food trucks, and free fun stuff all day long. The event takes place about midway along Esquimalt Lagoon on Ocean Boulevard. The area is closed to through traffic so the party happens on the street, in the sand and sea and in the sky!
- Rent a kayak and paddle board from West Coast Outdoor Adventure.
- Flex your muscles on the Eats & Beats climbing wall. It’s fully staffed and equipped with an auto belay system to let you down easy.
- Work up a sweat with some street basketball, beach volleyball, or frisbee golf.
- Relax on the beach or go for an splash in the ocean!
- Check out amazing driftwood art sculptures. Watch more creations come to life before your eyes.
- Take a beach stroll through the street market and pick up local treasures.
- Laugh with street performers or watch the Navy’s fire boat ballet on the water.
- Go for some body art, and then capture the moment with a caricature portrait or a silly face-in-the-hole selfie.
- Meet your favourite local team mascots as they get up to some crazy antics —Harvey the Harbour Cat, Marty the Marmot, and Rocky Raccoon.
Serving up HOT EATS
You can expect a diversity of fantastic food from local food truck distributors at the Eats and Beats festival!
- L’Authentique Poutine & Burger
- Molly’s Fish & Chips
- Ali Baba Pizza
- Greek on the Street
- Indecent Risotto
- Grilled to the Mac
- Mama Rosie’s Kitchen
- Spice Aid
- Unplugged Foodie
- Discovery Coffee
- JUSU Bar
- Donut Delights
- Road Treasure Treats Ice Cream
- Bike parking will be available onsite on Ocean Boulevard.
- Bike racks are also available at the Colwood Transit Exchange at West Shore Parks & Recreation.
- The Park & Ride shuttle will take you to the site.
- Ride the trolley shuttle! It travels from the Park & Ride and Transit Exchange (at West Shore Parks & Recreation) to the festival all day long.
- Ride the bus from the Colwood Transit Exchange (routes #50, #52, #53, #61). Transfer to a complimentary trolley shuttle to the event. For more information visit http://bctransit.com/victoria/schedules-and-maps.